Bacon Fried Rice
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Dana Calicchio
This is a great dish. I know the bacon grease is bad but it is what gives this dish the flavor. If you absolutely do not want the bacon grease, you can use 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and 2 Tablespoons of butter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
· 5 cups cooked white rice
· 1 pound uncooked bacon, sliced
· 1 bunch green onions, sliced
· 5 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce, or more as needed
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1. In extra large frying pan, cook bacon. Remove from pan and leave drippings in pan.
2. Add eggs and scramble cutting into small pieces.
3. Add onion, rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
5. Taste for more salt or soy sauce.
Shop now for KitchenAid Food Processors and Food Choppers!
6. Add mixed vegetables and saute for 1 minute until unfrozen