Wüsthof Knives have always held a Special Place in my
Heart and Homes.
They have been made is Solingen, Germany for over 200 years and My Paternal Grandfather was from Solingen, so everyone in the family received Wüsthof Knives as presents and were loved and cared for by every household in our family.
The first record of Wusthof as a company can be found in documents in the Duchy of Berg that refer to the Wusthof factory dating back to 1814 in the town of Solingen, Germany. The name Wusthof is the last name of the founder. The company continues to be a family owned business, currently in the 7th generation of the Wusthof family tradition. With their name on the product, quality is a must. The family name continues to be the reason for such high quality. Every generation wants to out perform the last in quality and excellence.
An example of the proud tradition of the Wusthof name is Wolfgang Wusthof’s story of expanding the business. In 1960 Wusthof was nearly unknown in North America. Wolfgang spent the 1960’s and 1970’s flying to the USA with a briefcase full of knives (something you cannot do these days) and riding from town to town by bus introducing the USA and Canada to the wonder of Wusthof. It was slow going at first, but quality speaks for itself and Wusthof won the hearts and esteem of chefs and those who aspire to fine cuisine everywhere.
- Includes 3.5-inch Paring Knife, 5-inch Serrated Utility Knife, 6-inch Kiritsuke Prep Knife, 8-inch Bread Knife, 8-inch Chef's Knife, Come-Apart Kitchen Shears, 6-slot Slim Design Wood Knife Block
- Ultra slim knife block design to maximize counter space (small 9.5 x 3.5-inch footprint)
- Precision forged full tang, high-carbon stain resistant stainless steel with bolster
- Traditional triple-riveted handle made of highly durable Polyoxymethylene; synthetic material that has a tighter molecular structure that resists fading & discoloration
- Made in Solingen, Germany; Lifetime Warranty
Details: Every Wusthof knife is crafted in Solingen, Germany; a family-owned and managed company with a rich heritage since 1814. Each Wusthof knife collection is made of high quality materials & craftsmanship. Precision forged featuring a full tang, high-carbon stainless steel with bolster to add balance and weight. The new Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) enhances the blades sharpness by 20%, and will last twice as long. Each knife features a computer controlled cutting edge to ensure the final edge of the blade is precise and uniform from the tip to the heel of the knife. Wusthof knives feature a 14° cutting edge on each side. This new angle and more tapered cutting edge reduces the drag when slicing through foods, allowing for seamless effortless cutting. Each knife blade is completely buffed & polished by hand. Made in Germany; lifetime warranty.
Package Dimensions: 17.1 x 12.4 x 4.2 inches